Where are we?

Monday, March 24, 2008

Rustic Tarts & Old Farts Gathering

June 15th will be the date of the 1st Annual Rustic Tarts & Old Farts Gathering. So here is the deal.

We will meet at my photography studio in Martinsburg WV. The address for anyone wanting to find out distance or directions is 3628 Winchester Ave., Zip 25405, and it’s a pretty straight shot off of I81. I am figuring we will begin at 1pm, and probably run to 5 or 6. Bring something for a potluck meal (a grocery store is nearby, as well as pizza places!), and the DH and I will provide beverages. Any crafting is welcome as long as it can be held in your lap or spun on a wheel...floor looms might not be feasible. If the weather is fine we have a shady front porch we can sit out on.

Now, one of the reasons we chose this weekend was that the Mountain Heritage Arts and Crafts Festival, one of the biggest on the East Coast, is that Friday through Sunday. This could give you a great excuse to do a mini-vacation, go to the festival Saturday and the RT&OFG on Sunday. There are tons of hotels in the area, and some wonderful B&Bs too. If history is your thing, Harpers Ferry and Antietam are both within a half-hour’s drive.

If you are a vendor, feel free to bring your wares. I’m sure everyone will be happy to fondle. We are working on a logo for this event that we may be able to make available on tees and totes too. Feel free to invite others that you know aren’t on this list, I just ask that people email me so I have an idea of how many will be coming. I’m also happy to provide as much info on the area as I can. Email Diana AT tlcphotography DOT com

4 comments:

Olivia-Lee said...

I am planning to go. If there is anyone that would like to ride along I'd love company. I amy even be able to arrange an overnight with my daughter in Harrisonburg if they have completed moving by then.

Eugenia said...

I am looking forward to attending the gathering. I am planning on attending the Heritage Arts and Crafts Festival on Saturday. I will probably be dragging DH with me.

Melissa said...

I'd like to go, and I'm not much more than an hour away! If you have a mailing list specific to the event, put me on it! Also if you need any help with that logo design!

Cat said...

Is it an overnight trip, Olivia? It sounds like a blast... I'd love to go if I can swing it. Are any spouses or signif. others going?