Where are we?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

KIS me ... what?

This past weekend, I attended a small knitting retreat with some girlfriends. We stayed at the oh-so-lovely Stonewall Jackson Hotel in downtown Staunton, Virginia. The hotel was very nice and the employees were so accommodating. Staunton, however, was - in a word - awesome! I am in love with Staunton! How is it that I had never been there before? I just don't know! It is quaint, friendly, pretty, picturesque, interesting, historic, educational... you get the picture. AND the Stonewall Jackson Hotel is on the National Trust Historic Hotels of America register - just how cool is that?

In addition to a shop and restaurant laden downtown area with neat old hotels and B&Bs here and there, Staunton is home to On the Lamb, a LYS tucked into a lovely old historic Victorian home that Joe (and John) are returning to its previous grandeur.
DSC00996
As you walk up to the front door

DSC00994

and enter, you are greeted by this phrase:

DSC01001
It was true.

We entered as guests and left friends!

Joe and Angel even treated us to dessert Saturday evening
-- I think it was just so they could visit some more:
DSC01064 DSC01075

I will leave you all with some more photos of our weekend - we had such a good time that I am looking forward to the next time I am blessed enough to spend the entire weekend with such a wonderful group of friends - old and new.
--
On the Lamb - porch
DSC00999
--
a pair of Jo(e) bookends
DSC01022
--
Holiday inspiration
DSC01011
--
More fibery goodness
DSC01017
--
Walked down this road to dinner on Friday night
DSC01035
--
Behind the Hotel, entrance to garage
DSC01050
--
one of the lovely sunflowers outside the fence at On the Lamb
DSC00988

Oh, KIS me, you ask? Knitting In Staunton of course!

1 comment:

knitandcrochet said...

Indeed, Staunton is a lot of fun! If you didn't get to do it this weekend, come back for a couple of shows at the Blackfriars Playhouse--absolutely fabulous theater right there in Staunton.

(I live in Waynesboro, but I'm happy to brag about Staunton.)