Where are we?

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Spinning Success!

I just wanted to report my most recent success with spinning - actually, my ONLY success with spinning. I've managed to spin some singles on my Cascade spindle that look like they might 2-ply into nice fingering-ish yarn. I am so excited.


I've also been given a lovely silk hanky (not the kind you carry to wipe your nose) and am learning how to get silk rov/Users/Iris/Desktop/DSC00039.jpging out of it. It's fun, but really, really hard on the hands.



I've also purchased this lovely yarn from Chimera on Etsy. It was a special commission, is bulky (thick/thin) with felted leaves and teensy tiny little ladybugs plyed in. I love it sooooo much!



It's true what they say about spinning: You'll pull your hair out and curse and scream. All of a sudden - CLICK!

1 comment:

Firefly Nights said...

I never got along well with spindles. They always seem to require a third hand, so I went directly to a wheel. I'm glad you're getting the hang of using yours.